Dead Poets Society

November 5, 2016
Chicago, Illinois



Today I began taking pictures of my belongings and throwing them up for sale on Craigslist. I came across a folding file with some of my older writings inside. I thought I'd share a couple of poems that I wrote several years ago, back when I was inspired to write poetry. Hope you enjoy.




The Lighthouse


Above the waters tall she stands
The great lady guiding me
Though beaten by the surf and sands
Unmovable and firm is she

Face to the wind, she does not stoop
Nor cower when fierce storms rage
She protected lives of countless men
Steering vessels in another age

If not for her constant light
That bright beacon from her lens
The world may have had fewer ships
The sailor fewer friends






Joceyln


At times when I am treading gingerly
The darkened alleys my mind has created
I gaze at her while she is sleeping
So peaceful, so trusting, so dependent

At this mountainous task I often shudder
This huge responsibility that is mine alone
Though not a journey that I sought
Despite feeling inadequate, I dare not fail

Her smile inspires me to find my inner strength
Her innocence, to pray for wisdom to guide my steps
For if I am successful upon this path
An angel to this world will be my gift

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Start Writing Already

The Karmic Dumpster

Cold Showers